8 Confessions Of A Former Verizon sales person | A former Verizon sales person, let’s call him Steve, had written to us recently providing insider advice to all or any Consumerist visitors.
We had been excited because by understanding how the sales team at Verizon are paid, customers will get a benefit whenever haggling more than a brand new phone. Exactly Just What? Haggling!? More than a phone! latinamericancupid? Yes, also can help you it. Verizon Steve confesses all he knows, through the easy to the sublime…:
• Never get yourself a contract that is 2-year. “The only benefit to a 2 year agreement is a $50 cost cost savings on the phone. Its maybe maybe not worth every penny. Just take the $50 and acquire a 12 months you’ll be able to update to a phone that is new 10 months.”
• Verizon reps get a small fortune from brand new lines and particular add-ons and text packages, make use of this. They won’t let a brand new consumer stroll out of the home. “Play hardball, they will certainly do just about anything getting the brand new lines. VZW makes $ off the solution, maybe perhaps not the phones. Inform them you don’t want to mail within the rebate. There does come a true point of diminishing returns. For instance, in the event that you moved in and desired a $39 plan and A treo that is free 700 maybe maybe perhaps not gonna happen. But i’ve given away virtually every non-PDA phone into the shop for the deal that is right. Also let them know you shall purchase the add-ons, and text package. Trust in me here, they are 2 regarding the biggest metrics for the reps. Get back the accessories the day that is next call customer service to cancel your text package.”
• Mention the lost or stolen system to have 25% off a phone that is new regardless if you’re under contract. Who’s to express you didn’t lose it?
• If you’re on an interest rate plan of $59.99 or maybe more, you will get “a brand new phone (and brand new agreement) for the low price after 12 months.”
• Insurance is a rip-off. It costs an excessive amount of and it has a $50 deductible.
• Tell them you’ll sign up when it comes to Unlimited Data Arrange along with your Treo. “Speaking of Treos, frequently they feature a supplementary $100 off in the event that you have the Unlimited data plan. Have it.. Save $100 and cancel it the day that is next you don’t want to buy. The leverage the following is amazing additionally because that high end information package matters as a unique activation in a roundabout way for the rep. None associated with data packages are contractual. I personally use to inform the shoppers this to save them $.”
• Reps don’t get as much money if you’re still in an agreement. The store reps won’t be as motivated to help you if you upgrade on the phone with Verizon.
• request a commitment credit regarding the phone prior to going to the store. “One solution to work the machine when you yourself have New Every 2 and are usually away from agreement would be to phone customer support, ask them to place you back to agreement, but require a loyalty credit (up to $60 off the next months bill), then go in to the shop and employ your New each 2. The two credits can’t be combined and that’s the only path to get both. I’ve never seen this not work, while they could theoretically state you currently got a credit, however the system are not too informative and I have not seen that happen. Just be sure you understand the agreement guidelines for VZW in a state, while making certain pay a visit to the shop with time to cancel the brand new agreement in situation you cant utilize the NE2.”
Work with Cingular, Verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile and wish to confess? Write to us at tips at consumerist dot com.—MEGHANN MARCO (Photo:cmorran123)
YOU might EVEN DISCOVER THESE ARTICLES USEFUL
• Roundup: Readers Who Canceled Their Cellphones Without Termination Fee “A variety of articles prompted by reader’s success tales in canceling the mobile phone solution without very early termination cost, and exactly how they made it happen.”
• Everything You desired to find out about Canceling Verizon But Were Afraid To Ask “Step 1: Understand your liberties. Verizon changed their prices, and had been obligated to issue a “Legal Notice.”
• Script For Escaping Cingular Contracts Without Fee, According to brand brand brand New Arbitration Clause “Here’s detailed script for escaping your Cingular agreement within the arbitration that is new, without having to pay a fee.”
• Cingular Arbitration Escape Script Addendum “After trying our method, Jut said: “Finally for each call they provided me with some form of hurdle that we couldn’t bypass, just like the must have my original finalized agreement at hand, or that we needed seriously to get into a brick-and-mortar shop, or claiming the computer systems weren’t attempting to pull up information they required.” We’ve got your handy rebuttal the following.”
In the event that you’ve got any queries to inquire about or ideas to share, simply drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editor’s Note: This article initially showed up on Consumerist.